Friday, January 22, 2010

heyo!

My name is Amanda Mailey and I am majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies with a concentration in women's studies and humanities. If all goes well this semester I will be graduating this summer (just need to finish my language requirement-ugh). After graduation I plan on moving to Philadelphia (phil-phil-philadelphia) with Jaime Frank. What we will do up there in undecided. I just feel like I need to move right after graduation before I get a job or too comfortable or chicken out. And I just want to live my life now and have fun and do what I want while I'm young. While I don't have a career in mind all I know is that I want continue on with my activism, cause as long as I have feminism and activism it won't really matter where I get my paychecks from.

I am really excited about this class. None of the previous women's studies courses that I have taken (expect for maybe a week in intro and two weeks in feminist theory) have dealt with global/transnational feminism. I look forward to the discussions we will have inside and outside of the classroom and our reading materials.

I don't have a lot of concrete ideas for what I will be doing for my service learning. With the crisis going on in Haiti I would really like to do something to help them. If anyone has any ideas for their service learning and needs any help, let me know.

5 comments: