Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Intro- Lisa Phillips

Hey everyone, My name's Lisa Phillips and I'm a junior this year at UCF. I'm a social work major with a minor in women's studies. After I graduate I plan on going to grad school for community organizing or just abandon any notion of having a practical career and go to arts and crafts school. That being said, I like to consider myself the queen of crafting- which is the hobby that takes up a majority of my time along with reading, biking, and playing with my beautiful cat named lucifer who we call lucy for short. 

For my service learning I plan on working with YWLP and mentoring a middle school girl. However I'm not quite sure how I plan on linking this with global feminism quite yet. I'm very excited to be in this class this semester, the readings seem really good and I'm glad to be finally learning about non- western feminism.

No comments:

Post a Comment