Wednesday, January 20, 2010

¡Hola!

Hi everyone! My name is Bianca. I'm a senior and I'm graduating this semester (please don't ask me what I'm doing after graduation). I'm majoring in journalism with a minor in women's studies.

I'm involved in the UCF chapter of the National Organization for Women, along with several journalism clubs. I'm an editor at the Central Florida Future and I work at the University Writing Center.

I've been working on planning a Sweatshop-Free Fashion Show for a while for NOW, and I'd like to use this project for my service learning. The idea is to feature items from certified sweatshop-free companies or vintage shops to help students find alternatives to buying from the many stores that use sweatshop labor. However, I can only commit to this if I have enough help. Unfortunately I'm extremely busy and I suck at planning stuff. So if anyone wants to help, let me know!

Before I go, I'd like to share two videos. First, Ill Doctrine, arguably the coolest videoblogger out there, on Haiti:





And if that doesn't move you to do something, then watch this:




5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I would LOVE to work with you on your service learning project.
    That sounds awesome.
    Can I help, pleasssse :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love your idea (specifically the fashion show). Please keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fashion show is a really interesting idea, if you could propose it next class and give us some more in depth info that'd be great.

    PS Those videos were very inspiring too, I think our whole class is motivated towards a Hatian relief project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DIY sewing! lets get started...

    ReplyDelete