Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Intro- Heather Valmy

Hello everyone,

I am excited to take this class as Global Feminism is not something I have a lot of experience in and I think it rounds out my overall Women's Studies experience. I am Interdisciplinary major, my areas of study are Communications, Film and Women's Studies. My aspiration is to use these areas to make documentary films for and about gender issues, however I have a long way to go. I am graduating this semester and am looking to move to San Francisco this summer and possibly go to grad school after a short Hiatus. I love music (who doesn't), film (especially foreign ones), photography,naturopathy, comic books, and people watching (yes, that is a hobby).

I have been working with VOX for about a year now and I always love the work we do. Our focus is on reproductive health, justice and education which are issues that relate to people's gender and sexuality from just about anywhere in the world. I am not limited to just service with VOX, I too like the idea of Haiti relief. I also wanted propose some Diversity department trainings. Many of them deal with race, gender and sexuality which are subjects we will clearly touch on in the content of this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment