Sunday, January 17, 2010

Intro-Kaleigh Rose

I am not too sure if this is going to work since it looks like our blog is currently empty. I am also not sure if we wanted to make one post for everyone to "comment" with their introductions on it or if we are all going to post individually.

Anyway... My name is Kaleigh Rose Thacker. I am twenty years old and I am in my final semester at UCF. I am an Interdisciplinary Studies major which consists of a women's studies minor, an education minor and an emphasis in Public Affairs.

I have previously done service learning with UCF Victim Services for another women's studies course but I think I might try something different this semester. Does anyone have any volunteering recommendations? (I did love my experience with Victim Services previously and Charlotte Hewkin is a great person to work with.)

"First and foremost, feminism simply means that women are the equals of men. A feminist is someone who supports this principle. Study after study tells us that the majority of people in the United States agree with this, but fewer and fewer want to identify with feminism. "Feminism has thus become a bad word, the f-word." -Megan Seely, Fight Like a Girl

I am a feminist and proud to be one.

2 comments:

  1. You can volunteer with YWLP :) (Young Women Leaders Program!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. andd with Voices for Planned Parenthood (VOX)
    http://www.voxucf.com/contact.html
    :)

    ReplyDelete