Sunday, January 24, 2010

Heyyyy

I'm Cristina Calandruccio :)
I'm in my senior year, graduating Fall 2010 with my degree in IDS- Womyn's Studies Track and minors in Political Science and Communications (also there is a service learning certificate that requires only 4 courses to be accomplished, so if you have taken other classes with SL components check that out) I am lucky to have found such a great community within the WST program and have discovered a passion for feminist theory, sex and gender studies, community activism and other topics that intersect with those subjects. When it comes to the future I am open to ideas, but I want to make sure that my 20s aren't the only exciting time of my life. I'd like to travel out west, and eventually,when I'm way olddd and hopefully still fabulous, would like to have a bed and breakfast so i can meet new people and swap stories and experiences. I like to laugh a lottt and enjoy corny jokes, painting, watching the Departed and the Wedding Singer a few times a month, and having a grand time with friends.

This semester I am working with the Young Women's Leader Program (YWLP) as well as VOX: Voices for Planned Parenthood. I am unsure right now as to what I can connect to global issues, but I am willing to brainstorm with other students who are in the same groups or I would like to work on any efforts for Haiti. I might also participate with Vday and audition for the vagina monolgoues...or i might get to nervous. I'm excited about our texts for this class and look forward to new standpoints on feminism and hope to challenge my own ingrained western ideas.

1 comment:

  1. A service learning certificate! Neat. I tried to look it up on the women's studies department page but no luck. We do however have a pink banner. It is now evident that Dr. Santana is fond of this color. Can we host a debate?

    ReplyDelete