Monday, February 8, 2010

Service Learning

Hi, I'm Ross, a senior Poli sci major with a WS minor. Sorry I've been such a stranger on the blog so far, I promise that that changes now. I'm an active member of Men Against Rape, a new student organization devoted to fighting rape and destroying the illusion that it is "just a women's issue." I encourage everyone to stop by our meetings on Thursdays at 3 and check us out, or ask me for more info.

Since MAR is mostly about community activism I'll be devoting my SL project to the United Nations Association's International Women's Day event. I've been part of UNA since my junior year and have taken part in several of its philanthropic projects such as fundraising for UNICEF and staging events for International Day of Peace. For IWD we'll be hosting a speaker's panel and a student art show. Submissions are welcome and won't be judged by skill. UNA is working along side the Women's Studies office and is shooting for a high-profile event that will raise awareness about global women's issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment