Monday, February 8, 2010

Service Learning

Hello! So, in the past I have worked on many many things. Since this class, global and transnational feminism, is an upper-level understanding of feminist theory, I am reflecting this within the projects I am taking on. Most have to do with the global community, at least our global neighbors. All in all, they are projects in which a higher-level of commitment, and upper-level understanding of activist work, is needed. Thus far I have assumed a leadership role in the passing of the DREAM act resolution through the UCF student senate. This was a 3 week process. I am also collecting petitions to add to the upcoming elections ballot a vote from students in favor of discontinuing UCF business relations with companies utilizing sweatshop labor. Also, the Genocide Awareness Project is coming to UCF in the next weeks, and I am bottom-lining a section of organized counter-action.

No comments:

Post a Comment