Thursday, April 29, 2010

Service Learning-Tunnel Of Oppression

I realize that I haven't posted enough on the blog throughout the semester like I should have to document my service learning. Therefore I am about to spam everyone with extra blog postings just to make sure that my grade is secure in this course.

On March 3 I worked with the UCF Counseling Center on the Tunnel of Oppression. My job was to work the table to sign in volunteers. The Tunnel of Oppression was a great tool to raise students awareness about various discriminations and oppressions. Some of the areas that they addressed were: classism, lookism, domestic violence, racism, heterosexism, and religious intolerence. I appreciated the domestic violence portion of the tunnel because they addressed the fact that men can be the victims of domestic violence and that violence can be verbal. I think that overall this project was successful. I am glad I got to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment