Monday, April 5, 2010

SL-Clothesline Project

I am involved in more than one form of activism for my service learning.
Last year I worked with UCF Victim Services on the clothesline project and I decided to work with them again this year.
Last week I went to the training and Charolette Hewkin asked me to speak at the training to tell people about the experience I had last year.
This week is the first week of the clothesline project and we will be in front of the student union on wednesday at a table with UCF Victim Services. The clothesline project is a form of consciousness raising where survivors of violence can paint shirts. We then hang the shirts in the student union so that everyone can see them. April is sexual violence awareness month which is why the project occurs at this time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment