Sunday, February 14, 2010

Service Learning Post 2 - Animal Safehouse

This week I worked with my community partner on Saturday. I tabled at Downey Dog Park at the intersection of Dean and 50 from 10:00 am to noon. Because it was so cold outside there was not the normal crowd that is there on Saturday mornings, but we are hoping in the future weekends that there will be a much larger draw as the weather grows warmer. We did however, end up passing out a few fliers and receiving a few dollars in donations.

Saturday night I tabled for my community parter at Natura Cafe at the Women's Studies Benefit, from 8:00 pm to midnight. We did a raffle, and raised a good amount of money, some of it came from the proceeds that Dr. Vest accumulated for selling her poetry album, "Mixed Messages". There was great entertainment, and there was a great showing of people.

I am telling everyone I can about how to get involved with Animal Safehouse, and giving application to those interested in being foster homes for the animals until they can either be reunited with their relocated families or found permanent homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment